East Side's Adult Day Program - Friendship Center serves those who are at risk of being marginalized by age and the changes in cognitive and/or physical functional capacity due to the onset of disease, disability or just normal aging.
- Adult Day is able to ease isolation creating opportunities for older adults to stay engaged. active and involved in their own lives and in their communities. Aging in place with support of nurturing opportunities for meaningful engagement is a critical component of the adult day community.
- In our adult day community participants remain lifelong learners, rekindling passions, engaging in programs together and making friends as they experience their own aging process with confidence and enlightenment. The experience of being part of a community group that comes together several times a week to engage in health enhancement activities and wellness services is empowering and brings dignity to the aging process
- Professional staff and volunteers build on "the presenting strengths" of participants to positively influence their aging experience.
- Special events and supported engagement enables ongoing participation in mainstream community experiences such as: therapeutic swimming at Courage Center; tours at Minneapolis Institute of Arts; Climb Theater's improvisation workshops; creative arts; story telling; daily walks to experience the flower/vegetable garden; and modified exercise or access to the gym.
- Dialogues about one's experiences with aging, exploring feelings about aging and sharing ideas - in the context of the wisdom that each older adult has gained through their life experience - enables participants to support and encourage each other.
- Adult day often provides the caregiver a much needed break from care-giving, access to resources and the inspiration and support they need to continue the role of caregiver.
- Adult day is financially responsible and can be the "linchpin" of support that extends an older adult's life in the community of their choice.
Friendship Center Licensed Adult Day Program welcomes adults and seniors to a community that offers a holistic approach to programmed activities that enables each individual to flourish. Our expert staff helps provide a safe and healing environment giving respite to loved ones and peace-of-mind to caregivers during day time hours.
Our unique small group setting provides an individual, goal approach to health and well-being. Each ‘Friend’ has the opportunity to choose programming that meets their needs while building friendships and creating community connections. The result is a nurturing environment with boundaries that spares no limit.
Friendship Center Application
The focus of this program includes: